Helping Your Practice Navigate COVID-19
The COVID-19 public health crisis is multi-faceted for our members. While saving lives is the most important priority, the ability for your practice to remain open to help you continuing serve your patients is also vital. This page is dedicated to practices that can help your health facility survive and thrive during this public health crisis.
- MSDC participates in the AMA Telehealth Initiative. Learn more about the benefits available to you and take their survey here.
- The temporary license process has been extended via the Council of DC until August 2022. See the legislation extending it here.
- Download and edit this sample telemedicine consent form when you set up appointments with your patients.
- AMA guide to helping navigate non-essential care during COVID-19
- The DC Department of Health Care Finance has made permanent its telemedicine emergency rules including telehealth treatment at the patient's home.
- The DC Department of Health Care Finance now has a composite page of all actions and guidance related to COVID-19 - see the page here.
- CMS is recording all calls and webinars with providers outlining changes during COVID-19. You can access those recordings here.
- DC Health - Required PPE for healthcare facilities
- DC Health - Conserving PPE in healthcare facilities
- DC Health - Guidance for healthcare personnel PPE, monitoring, restriction, and return to work
- DC Health - Discontinuation of Transmission-Based Precautions for Patients with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings