Join or Renew
Welcome to the community! By joining our over 3,000 members, you are furthering your career while giving back to your profession. For that, we thank you.
We have a few membership options for you, including group membership. Take a look at our options below and see what is the right fit for you. Office administrators, non-DC physicians, and allied health professionals have options to join as well!
Members enjoy numerous member benefits including:
- free coaching sessions or free sessions with an MSDC wellbeing psychologist
- strong advocacy to protect physicians and patients
- access to member communities like Women in Medicine and Early Career Physicians
- free or discounted educational and networking opportunities
- practice management assistance
- timely information on legislative and regulatory issues that affect the daily practice of medicine.
Eligibility: Active membership in the Medical Society of the District of Columbia is open to reputable doctors of medicine or osteopathy who are actively licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy in the District of Columbia or suburban Maryland or Virginia
and who live or practice in the greater Metropolitan Washington area; or who are in a post graduate training program in the greater Metropolitan Washington area.
To renew by phone, call 202-466-1800.
To renew online, follow the steps below.
1) Create your password HERE. You will be prompted to enter your email address and reset your password using a link sent to your personal email. (IMPORTANT: Sign up using the email address where you receive MSDC eNewsline)
2) Access your online profile HERE.
3) Go to "Membership Info" under MY PROFILE. Follow additional directions at How To Renew.