Welcome to the Medical Society of the District of Columbia (MSDC).
With more than 3,000 members, the Medical Society of the District of Columbia (MSDC) is the largest medical organization representing physicians in the District of Columbia. The Medical Society was founded in 1817, and it is dedicated to ensuring the well-being of physicians and their patients in metropolitan Washington. MSDC is continually seeking to guarantee access to appropriate medical care for all District residents, regardless of location or income.
To ensure physician and patient well-being in the District of Columbia through the promotion of high-quality accessible care in a changing healthcare environment.
To make the District of Columbia the nation’s model for patient care and physician practice.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Objectives and Goals
Objective 1: Become the best resource for physicians practicing in DC
- Build greater awareness of MSDC among individual physicians and physician groups
- Introduce MSDC to physicians new to the District of Columbia
- Engage medical students, residents, fellows, and early-career physicians with mentorship and support
- Engage licensed allied health professionals
Objective 2: Strengthen advocacy and outreach
- Ensure MSDC provides a home where physicians in DC belong
- Advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging within medicine in DC
- Build on existing relationships that further expand MSDC’s voice for physicians and patients
- Extend outreach efforts by building new partnerships with key stakeholders
Objective 3: Ensure MSDC’s long-term growth
- Build member and partner value to ensure long-term commitment to MSDC
- Increase the number of engaged members
- Introduce a sound business plan that reflects MSDC’s long-term strategy
- Optimize existing and explore new revenue streams