For the Public
Welcome to the website of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia
With over 3,000 members, the Medical Society of the District of Columbia is the largest medical organization representing metropolitan Washington physicians in the District of Columbia. The Medical Society was founded in 1817, and it is dedicated to ensuring the well-being of physicians and their patients in metropolitan Washington. As part of its strategic goal to make the District “the best place to practice medicine”, MSDC is continually seeking to ensure access to appropriate medical care for all District residents, regardless of location or income.
Feel free to look around our site to learn more about MSDC or click through our guide below.
- See our MSDC's mission and vision
- Meet our elected leadership and staff
- Learn more about medicine in the District
- Check out our top advocacy priorities
- Join the Society (or nudge a physician friend/family member to do so)