Protecting Your Patients and Practice from COVID-19
DC Health announces recommendations on the limitations of elective and non-urgent medical procedures - see here. MSDC asks its members to follow this guidance with its patients.
This page is your resource for how to test and treat your patients suspected of COVID-19 as well as how to protect your practice and staff from spreading infection. Visit our practice business page and professional page for how else you can manage issues important to you during the public health emergency.
Contacting DC Health
If you need to contact DC Health with a question about a patient, call 202-576-1117 during business hours OR 844-493-2652 after business hours to speak with DC Health. Do not have your patient call DC Health. You can also email email@example.com
If you have issues reaching DC Health or communicating on behalf of your patient, contact us at (202) 466-1800 x101.
New DC Health guidance on PPE and Testing Priorities
DC Health issues guidance on March 26 on preserving PPE - see here.
DC Health issues guidance on March 26 on COVID-19 testing priorities - see here.
- CDC - FAQ on Personal Protective Equipment (3/14/20)
- CDC - Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of PPE (3/26/20)
- DC Health - The DC Health and Medical Coalition has a PPE request form it encourages all practices to complete to request equipment - see here. Carefully read the criteria and qualifications.
- DC Health - Guidance on March 26 on preserving PPE - see here - and additional case guidance - see here.
- Testing Information
- DC Health - Specimen submission guidelines here
- DC Health Care Finance - Laboratory billing codes and reimbursement rates (3/20/20)
- CDC - Evaluating and reporting Persons Under Investigation (PUI) (3/24/20)
- CDC - Interim guidance on handling clincal specimens related to COVID-19 (3/24/20)
- AMA - CPT code for COVID-19 testing UPDATED
- LabCorp information on testing - LabCorp will accept specimens but not patients on site.
- Quest testing information - Quest is not swabbing on location but physicians can submit samples to Quest
- Information on Facility Protection from COVID-19 Infections
- DC Health - Updated guidance for HCP monitoring, restriction, and return to work with suspected COVID-19 exposure (3/21/20)
- CDC - Return-to-work criteria for health care personnel (3/17/20)
- CDC - Interim guidance for healthcare personnel involved in COVID-19 (3/7/20)
- CDC - FAQ on Infection Control (4/1/20)
- Caring for a Patient with COVID-19
- DC Health - Guidance on testing and discontinuing home isolation (3/20/20)
- DC Health - Health notices for practitioners with District patients here (updated 3/20/20)