Protecting Your Patients and Practice from COVID-19
This page is your resource for how to test and treat your patients suspected of COVID-19 as well as how to protect your practice and staff from spreading infection. Visit our practice business page and professional page for how else you can manage issues important to you during the public health emergency.
Contacting DC Health
If you need to contact DC Health with a question about a patient, call 202-576-1117 during business hours OR 844-493-2652 after business hours. Do not have your patient call DC Health. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have issues reaching DC Health or communicating on behalf of your patient, contact us at (202) 466-1800 x101.
Information about types of tests
- Testing information is constantly being updated so bookmark this page
- The CDC has released guidance on antibody testing - see here
- DC Health antigen testing in outpatient setting guidance (9/17/20) - see here
- List of all approved molecular diagnostic and serolgical (antibody) tests and medical devices authorized under an EUA
- EUA Authorized Serology Test Performance information
- Therapeutics information
District of Columbia information
- The list of all District public testing sites can be found here (this page is constantly updated)
- DC Health - Specimen submission guidelines here.
- DC Public Health Laboratory - See here for guidance on how to correctly submit samples to the PHL.
- CDC - Clinical guidance on collecting and handling COVID-19 specimens
- AMA - CPT code for COVID-19 testing UPDATED
- LabCorp information on testing
- Quest testing information
- MSDC site for members to purchase PPE - here (contact MSDC for member code)
- CDC - Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of PPE (4/22/20)
- CDC - PPE burn rate calculator to help plan the amount of PPE needed
Information on Facility Protection from COVID-19 Infections